Here are the questions included in Yale SOM recommendation letter form (for the 2013-2014 application cycle)
Yale SOM Recommendation Questions:
Leadership Behavior Grid
Please assess the candidate on the following skills/qualities
- Results Orientation
- Strategic Orientation
- Team Leadership
- Influence and Collaboration
- Information Seeking
- Developing Others
- Change Leadership
- Respect for Others
Based on your professional experience, how do you rate this candidate compared to her/his peer group?
- The best encountered in my career
- Outstanding (top 5%)
- Excellent (top 10%)
- Very good (well above average)
- Below average
- Recommend enthusiastically
- Recommend with reservations
- Do no recommend
Please write an assessment of the applicant that addresses the prompts below. We are looking for your candid and accurate assessment of the applicant’s potential to be a successful leader and what specific traits the applicant possesses that evidence this potential. Please be as specific as possible and use concrete examples where applicable. Do not incorporate anything drafted by the candidate in your recommendation or have the candidate submit the recommendation on your behalf.
- Please comment briefly on the context of your interaction with the applicant. If applicable, describe the applicant’s role in your organization.
- How do the candidate’s performance, potential, or personal qualities compare to those of other well-qualified individuals in similar roles? Please provide specific examples.
- Describe the most important piece of constructive feedback you have given the applicant. Please detail the circumstances and the applicant’s response.
Let me help you with your MBA application to Yale SOM or any other top MBA program. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out this form and I’ll get back to you in 24 hours.
Articles related to Yale SOM and MBA Recommendation Letters: