Kellogg School of Management has made some changes to its video interview process. In the past, many people have opened accounts just to test the video questions and collect information. In order to prevent this use of the system, Kellogg now requires students to submit their applications before they can record a video essay.
This year Kellogg has also included Kellogg-specific questions as well as other topics. These questions will help Kellogg to ensure that every student it admits ranks Kellogg as a top option.
Another change is that students may no longer make several video essay submissions. In previous years students were permitted two more tries if they were unhappy with their initial results. 2014-2015 applicants may try only once so you want to get it right the first time (I can help!)
Here is a list of potential questions to help you prepare for the Kellogg-specific portion of the video interview:
- Why are you applying to Kellogg?
- How will you get involved in Kellogg?
- What does community mean to you?
- What would you do if you didn’t get into Kellogg?
- What excites you most about Kellogg?
- What would your classmates at Kellogg be surprised to learn about you?
- What is one thing you like about Kellogg?
- Tell me about a class you plan to take at Kellogg and why.
- Tell me about a professor you want to learn from at Kellogg and why.
- What student groups do you plan to join at Kellogg?
- Why do you think that you’re a good fit for Kellogg?
If you want feedback on your answers or advice on how to approach these questions (and others), just email me – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you already complete your video essay for Kellogg? How was it? Please share your experience in the comment section.
Others articles you might like about MBA Admissions: